25 January, 2009

Massage Massacre: Day 3

Hurrah, hurrah, allelujah we have finished all 5 steps. Thankfully myself a bit better rested today, and even the river ferry commute made more pleasant by the fact that next to no one was on it. And also thankfully making the earlier one as the Japanese posse was a wee bit late..all of us owing to their night out the night before, but reality, they just missed the boat and very few run on Sundays.

I however, was the first one again, thinking that my punctuality may make up for the fact that pretty much anythign in my backpack is likely considered 'too sexy' save for the pink pullover and in no way with this heat and the physical nature of thai massage am i wearing it. have been hunting around khao san for something 'not sexy' and not succeeding :-S

most of the day was spent reviewing all 3 steps. I have to say I have a newfound respect for all these thai masseurs now and how hard the work is. In all my wisdom I thought it a *good idea* to do yoga again, and although the heat warmed away the stiffness during the practice it was back full force this morning. Which was in a way unfortunate as I seemed to be used a lot as the teacher's demonstration unit (ie, the massage was quite powerful).

Also managed to get some cool photos today, in addition to the great ones of Wat Po and Wat Arun from the roof of the school.

One thing I really like about this, is everyone smiles and greets you and we get random fruit handouts. Its a nice warm environment.

No comments: