11 January, 2008

Do Dogs Eat Butterflies?

Today as I spent some last moments on the beach at San Juan del Sur, I noticed 2 butterflies flitting around, and a dog was chasing them...maniacally chasing them and literally falling over itself to catch them. The butterflies would (intentionally or unintentionally I am not so sure...) come together, go up and down, split up..that really put the dog into a spin. And i just had to wonder, why, all this effort. And it made me think of something I learned in school, some phenomenon about 'escalation of committment' and once you have committed to something, even if it is going down, you cling to it as one might cling to a precipice overhanging a boiling pool of lava. And I think its just the travel I am once again facing to go back to where I came from, wondering if this was the right thing to do or not...I am also wondering, as I keep hearing all these great things about Panama...the islands are great, the ocean is beautiful, its so much cheaper down there, you can get anything for really cheap...and am hoping that I dont land there in 2 days time wishing I had spent my time there! well, at least I will get some days there still.

But no. I mustn´t do that. It IS Still quite nice here, and I have largely had a nice time. At this stage as well, I am quite relaxed with everything, as I am once again quite enjoying the autonomy of being on my own...well, sort of, I have some dinner plans with 2 English lads staying at my place here in Granada, so I best be off once again!

No comments: